PRPS strives to keep our members up to date with the latest parks and recreation news and trends through a variety of communication outlets. Here are several ways we keep you informed:
- The SCOOP – This weekly email newsletter includes the latest news, new members, upcoming education & training announcements, member requests for peer collaboration, Dig It! blog posts, legislative alerts, member news and more. If you want to include something, the deadline is each Monday. You can view past SCOOPs on prps.org under Resources/Publications, and then select Archives. It is a members-only page, so you will need to login to gain access.
- Pennsylvania Recreation & Parks – Our semiannual magazine provides articles on playgrounds, aquatics, trails, leadership, unique program ideas, professional development, and current trends. Issues are sent each spring and fall. Our magazine archive can be found at prps.org under Resources/Publications.
- Membership Directory and Buyers Guide – This is our largest publication, and features individual and agency members contact information, the buyer’s guide vendor listing, and other professional references. It is printed each spring, and provides advertisers unique and on-going exposure.
- Districts and Branch News – The Resource Branch Newsletter is developed by the Park Resource Branch and includes articles from the Resource Operations Workshop and more. The Aquatics News offers new resources and alerts of certification changes/requirements. Each District sends out news regarding their regional educational workshops and socials.
- Website – PRPS.org is updated frequently to reflect current news, resources, professional development opportunities, partnerships, and job center. Be sure to login when you visit, so you can access all of our members-only content, resources, and online directory.
- Social Media – Engage with PRPS on the following social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Facebook is used the most to add events; share related articles, member news and other news. If you are interested in taking over one of our social media accounts for a week, let us know.
- Mobile App – Download our popular Conference & Expo app to view the conference schedule or search for exhibitors, speakers, socials, maps, sponsors, and attendees.
- Direct Mail – Workshop brochures, publications, postcards, Conference & Expo Guides.
- Annual Report – This report highlights the many accomplishments of PRPS, its volunteers and supporters.
- Dig It! Blog – Our blog covers a variety of topics including Advocacy, Funding, Leadership, Maintenance, Operations, Personnel, Wellness, Programming, Volunteer, Communication, Internship and Trails. If you would like to be a guest blogger, let me know at email@example.com.
- Digital Email – Professional development opportunities, legislative alerts, and other important notices are sent through our email distribution list.
- Media Kit – Produced at the beginning of the year, this guide includes all advertising and sponsorship opportunities available to vendors and supporters.
As you can see PRPS offers a variety of ways to keep in touch. You can manage your communication preferences when you login to your account at prps.org. If you are interested in something listed that you are not receiving, or need help finding something on the website let us know.
Have an idea to share? Please consider volunteering as a guest blogger, social media contributor, or to author a magazine article. You can receive Professional Service Experience Points (CEU equivalent) toward your professional certification renewal by submitting articles for publication in Pennsylvania Recreation and Parks.
What information and resources would you like to see? We are always looking for new topics for articles, blog entries, and resources to share with our members. If you have ideas to share and would like to be on the Communications & Marketing Committee, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.