Member Code of Ethics
Membership in the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society carries special responsibilities to the public at large and to the specific communities and recreation and park agencies.
Article VII of the PRPS Bylaws sets forth a Code of Ethics, by which Members agree to abide. They pledge to conduct themselves in a professional manner consistent with the following principles:
- To adhere to the highest standards of integrity and honesty in all public and personal activities to inspire public confidence and trust.
- To strive for personal and professional excellence and to encourage the professional development of associates and students.
- To strive for the highest standards of professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, effectiveness, and fiscal responsibility.
- To avoid any interest or activity which is in conflict with the performance of job responsibilities.
- To promote the public interest, to support equal opportunities, and to avoid personal gain or profit from the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
Whistleblower Protection Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy
PRPS Organizational Culture Statement
The organizational culture of PRPS is expressed in the collective behavior of our leaders and members, and how our actions are perceived and received by others.
Our overarching values, beliefs and principles guide how we interact with each other, our clients, partners and stakeholders. Our behaviors affect teamwork, productivity, quality and results. That group dynamic in turn determines our corporate and community value.
To facilitate the highest levels of relevance, capacity and influence, we integrate the following core values into all operations with consistency and unity:
We uphold moral soundness in all member, partner, stakeholder and business interactions, adhering to truth, purpose, responsibility and trust.
We strive for superior workmanship, highest professional conduct, and exceptional quality productions in all endeavors.
We strive to create and lead organizational and industrial change, and develop and enable innovative solutions in strategies and results.
We practice and promote continuous learning to expand professional skill sets to remain relevant and influential in emerging trends and a changing environment.
We respect, promote and empower diversity, inclusion, partnerships, cooperation, and multiple viewpoints and perspectives.
We practice and promote people-oriented leadership that connects diverse groups for common objectives, invests in their success, and celebrates their achievements.
By modeling, promoting, teaching, enforcing and rewarding these core values, we enable a shared future that fulfills the PRPS mission and vision.