FEE includes .4 Continuing Education Credits/ 4 NCTRS hours:
PRPS Member $30
(includes a working dinner)
• Introduction to Dementia: Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
• Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
• Delusions, Hallucinations,
• Other Behaviors, Aggression, Catastrophic Reactions
• Personal Care: Pain, Nutrition, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Falls and Sleep Disturbances
• Staff and Family Support, Abuse and Neglect Prevention
• Have an understanding of dementia
• Identify common causes of repetitive and sundowning behaviors in adults
• Describe interventions that may be used to prevent or reduce difficult care situations.
• Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
• Learn alternative interventions that are success oriented and failure free
• Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
• Learn how to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner by attending this seminar!
NCTRC Job Analysis Code: FKW, ASP, IMP
Carrie Chiusano has 30 plus years of long-term care experience, 15 of which were spent helping to shape and implement the Woodside Place philosophy of specialty care for persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementia. Prior to being appointed Executive Director, Carrie served for five years as the Administrator for Woodside Place of Oakmont, and was one of the nation’s first dementia-specific residential community specifically designed to meet the holistic needs of older adults living with Alzheimer’s and related dementia. As Executive Director, Carrie is responsible for the integration of dementia care services across the various settings.
Brittney Sarnese - Brittney Sarnese studied recreational therapy, exercise science, and psychology. In 2016 she received her CTRS Certification and has been a practicing Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist for 3 years. She was promoted to Recreational Therapist at Woodside Place of Oakmont, where she gained valuable experience and knowledge working with people with dementia. At Woodside, she earned her Dementia Practitioner Certification and currently manages the Lifestyle Engagement team of the Willows upholding the high standards of best dementia practices.
PRPS will refund your registration, less a $25 processing fee, if your cancellation is received in writing more than 10 business days prior to the event. No refunds will be given for cancellations occurring less than 10 business days prior to an event. Substitute attendees are welcomed in lieu of cancellations; please contact the PRPS office at 814-234-4272 or email@example.com to arrange this.
1: Sign in or create a new account.
2: Select the registration option
3: Proceed to checkout to complete the transaction.