About the Institute
The Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Institute (TRI) has provided quality education and training for Therapeutic Recreation Professionals and Activity Coordinators for over 50 years. Watch the recorded sessions on days and times that are convenient for you and earn NCTRC credits. This year’s Therapeutic Recreation Institute was held in January and featured many informative and timely sessions. Subjects included leadership, group dynamics, the arts and working with a diversity of clients and conditions. All of the TRVI sessions will be available for unlimited viewing (and credit) until June 30, 2023.
Every session is approved for NCTRC credit and NRPA CEUs and you can earn up to 17 hours towards certification by watching all the recorded videos. The price for each session is $15.00 for members and 20.00 for non-members with discounts for packages of 5 sessions and all 12. All sessions are available for unlimited viewing through June 30 and slides from the session are available for downloading.
- Community Therapeutic Recreation Programs for Adults with Dementia - Vicky Pitner, CTRS, Recreation Therapist and Leisure Coach
- Keynote Address – Understanding What You Do! - Emma G., Musician, Author, Activist, Coach
- Songwriting Workshop - Emma G., Musician, Author, Activist, Coach
- Lead Yourself to Leading Your Staff - Katherine Darcangelis- Director of Volunteer Services, Holisticare Hospice
- The Seeing Lens Therapeutic Photography Program - Amy Beth Cook, CTRS, Rec. Therapy Supervisor - Lebanon VA Med. Ctr.
INSPIRE The Groups You Lead - Dr. Jeff Witman, CTRS, Fellow Distinguished in Recreation Therapy
- Gratitude! Does it Make you a Better Recreation Therapist? - Vincent Bonadies, CTRS, Chief or RT – VA Hudson Valley Health Care
- Volunteer Management in Aging Services - Katherine Darcangelis- Director of Volunteer Services, Holisticare Hospice
- Staff Teambuilding, Communication, and Retention Activities - Brittney Rostek, CTRS, CDP. Wellness Coordinator- Presbyterian SeniorCare
- A Therapeutic Recreation Approach to Supporting Neurocognitive Disorders - Vicky Pitner, CTRS, Recreation Therapist and Leisure Coach
- Promoting Mental Health Through the Outdoors - Marisa Vicere, President – Jana Marie Foundation
- Leadership Lessons Learned - Bill Salvatore, Deputy Commissioner – Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
Visit the 2022/2023 TRI program site to learn more.
Who Can Benefit?
Therapeutic Recreation Specialists; Activity Professionals; Consultants; Health Care Administrators; Educators; Students; Nursing Home Administrators; Allied Healthcare Professionals, Senior Center Directors; Adult Day Care Coordinators; Retirement Communities; Park and Recreation Professionals; Nursing/CNA’s; Memory Care Specialists.
How Does Registration Work?
Register for individual sessions, a 5 pack, or all the recorded sessions. Use the TRI website to find session descriptions, learn about the speakers and access the recordings, session slides, and resource materials. Pick your session(s) and watch at times and places convenient for you. Near the end of each session, a code phrase along with link to a survey will appear on the screen. Complete the survey and enter the code phrase and PRPS will process NCTRC or CEU credits for each paid session.
To Register for the Recordings:
1: Sign in or create a new account. (Top right corner)
2: Select registration option.
3: Proceed to checkout to complete transaction.