• Introduction to Dementia: Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
• Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
• Delusions, Hallucinations
• Other Behaviors, Aggression, Catastrophic Reactions
• Personal Care: Pain, Nutrition, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Falls and Sleep Disturbances
• Staff and Family Support, Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- You will gain a complete understanding of dementia
- Attendees will be able to Identify common causes of repetitive and sundowning behaviors in adults
- You will learn and be able to use interventions to prevent or reduce difficult care situations.
- Identify caregiver stressors and be able to employ stress reduction techniques
- Learn alternative interventions that are success oriented and failure free
- Qualify to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner by attending this seminar!
NCTRC Job Analysis Code: FKW, ASP, IMP
Carrie Chiusano is our seminar leader and has 30-plus years of long-term care experience, most of which were spent helping to shape and implement the Woodside Place philosophy of specialty care for persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. Woodside Place was one of the nation’s first dementia-specific residential care communities, designed to meet the holistic needs of older adults living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
Dec. 5 - Greater Plymouth Community Center- 2910 Jolly Rd, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Dec. 7 - Centre LifeLink EMS Community Room - 125 Puddintown Rd, State College, PA 16801
PRPS will refund your registration, less a $25 processing fee, if your cancellation is received in writing more than 10 business days prior to the event. No refunds will be given for cancellations occurring less than 10 business days prior to an event. Substitute attendees are welcomed in lieu of cancellations; please contact the PRPS office at 814-234-4272 or [email protected] to arrange this.
1: Sign in or create a new account.
2: Select the registration option and date
3: Proceed to checkout to complete the transaction.