Wednesday, April 21, 12:00 - 12:30 PM
Fee: Free- Every attendee will receive a Free Narcan Kit and certificate
- Opioids were involved in 67.8 % of all drug overdose deaths in 2017
- Naloxone efficacy is high, having been reported at 75-100%
- The opioid crises is the defining public health challenge of our time. It is destroying the lives of individuals faster than the HIV/AIDS epidemic with overdoses now claiming more American lives than those lost in the twenty years of the Vietnam War.
- 68% of those overdosed received their first dose of naloxone from a family member or bystander
- In 2019, Pennsylvania experienced over 3,400 opioid overdose deaths.
Proper recognition of an overdose and administration of Narcan can mean the difference between life and death.
End Overdose Together, a non-profit organization, recently received a $100K grant and partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs (PA DDAP) and Muhlenberg College to provide online Narcan training to all individuals and organizations in PA.
Please join PRPS to receive this important training. Each attendee will receive a free kit in the mail that contains two doses of Narcan and the materials to safely administer it.
1: Sign in or create a new account.
2: Click "Register Myself"
3: Proceed to checkout to complete transaction