2023 Fall Playground Maintenance Workshop - Carlisle, PA
Learn tips, techniques and procedures for maintaining safe playgrounds.
PRPS Member $85
According to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) 200,000 children are treated for playground accidents annually. The National Playground Safety Institute (NPSI) attributes over 40% of those accidents to poor playground maintenance. Besides the risks to our most vulnerable users, improperly maintained playgrounds needlessly expose agencies and program providers to damaging legal actions. By educating and training staff and supervisors, we can improve maintenance procedures on public play equipment and create after play environments for our children.
This workshop features classroom instruction, facilitated discussions, hands-on exercises and a site visit to a local playground. Participants will also receive several ready-to-use reference sources including:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission “Handbook for Public Playground Safety”
- National Parks and Recreation Association’s “Daily Dozen Checklist”
- Playground Inspection Forms
- Listing of Web-based resources
- Access to a professional network of operations, maintenance, public works staff, and other stewards of public spaces
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Parks and Public Works Personnel
- Operators and Caretakers of Playgrounds in: Hotels, Churches, Summer and Day Camps, Campgrounds, Resorts
- Child Care Centers
- School district Maintenance Personnel
- Park Foreman and Supervisors
- Recreation, Township and Municipal board member
- Park Volunteers
- Recreation Directors
- School Administrators
- Organizations such as YMCA/YWCA, Scouts, Head Start, Neighborhood Associations / HOAs
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and light refreshment
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Classroom Instruction
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch on own
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Classroom Instruction and Playground Walkthrough
Our Playground Maintenance Workshop instructors are top playground safety professionals. Each instructor has successfully completed a specialized instruction course to become qualified to teach this course. Our instructors are also seasoned Certified Playground Safety Inspectors (CPSI).
PRPS will refund your registration, less a $25 processing fee, if your cancellation is received in writing more than 15 business days prior to the event. No refunds will be given for cancellations occurring less than 15 business days prior to an event. Substitute attendees are welcomed in lieu of cancellations; please contact the PRPS office to arrange this.
1: Sign in or create a new account.
2: Select registration option
3: Add session selections to your itinerary under "Program"
4: Proceed to checkout to complete the transaction.