Recreation Program Coordinator
Parks and Recreation
Township of Spring, PA
(Posted March 9, 2018)
Spring Township seeks highly motivated, energetic, well organized and detail oriented Recreation Program Coordinator to maintain, develop and implement year round recreation programs for 27,000 residents of all ages and abilities.
This position is primarily responsible for:
• Serving as a liaison and resource between the Township and the business community as it relates to Parks and Recreation programs and activities.
• Overseeing, directing and scheduling front desk staff and coverage.
• Recruiting, directing and training summer playground staff and responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the summer programs.
• Directly supervising and overseeing the work of contractors and program staff throughout the year.
• Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Township’s policies and applicable laws, under the direction of the Director of Parks & Recreation.
• Supervisory responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Requirements include: Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation or a related field from a four (4) year college or university preferred, along with a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience. Certified Park & Recreation Professional designation preferred or ability to obtain certification within a year of hire. Alternative qualifications that may be considered are an Associate’s Degree in a related field with 6 years of directly related experience. Prior experience directing/supervising the work of others is strongly preferred.
The Township of Spring offers excellent comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary. To be considered, you must include salary history and expectations and meet minimum stated requirements.
Resumes should be submitted to: Danielle Reardon, Director of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 13, 2018
Director of Parks & Recreation
County of Berks
(Posted March 8, 2018)
This position is responsible for the administration of the Berks County Parks and Recreation Department for the development and operation of all county parks, recreation facilities, and historic sites along with providing recreational, interpretive, and educational programs as a community services.
1. Administration of the Parks and Recreation Department under the direction of the Board of County Commissioners and the Park and Recreation Advisory Board; implements policies and procedures established by County officials; directs the functions of the Advisory Board; supervises department employees.
2. Prepares and submits three (3) budgets: Park and Recreation, Heritage Center, and Youth Recreational Facility along with capital requests for equipment and projects.
3. Responsible for project planning, development and funding: plans for future open space, park and recreation sites; reviews construction drawings and specifications; selects qualified consultants; prepares local, state and federal grants.
4. Directs the operation and management of the following: Gruber Wagon Works, 3 National Registry properties, C. Howard Hiester Canal Center, Tulpehocken Creek Valley Park, Kaercher Creek Park, Camp Joy, Youth Recreational Facility, 4 major recreation areas, 42 different structures along with park, recreation facilities and playground apparatus.
5. Directs the recreational, educational and interpretive programs which include: major festivals, summer concert series, various playground programs, and interpretive programs.
6. Manages the departmental personnel including interviewing, hiring, disciplining, terminating and supervision of work of subordinates.
7. Attends various public and private meetings, serves on County Boards, Task Forces, Committees, etc which have park, recreation, or historic preservation interests relative to the Department.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in park and recreation administration or related field.
2. Ten (10) years of experience in recreation and park administration and management.
3. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of administrative practices and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the budget process and the ability to communicate and justify budgetary requests.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and methods used in the planning, acquisition and development of parks, recreation areas, and open space.
4. Knowledge of construction methods; the ability to work with consultants and to obtain funding grants.
5. Knowledge of the principles and methods required to operate and manage park areas, recreational facilities and historic sites in a cost-effective manner.
6. Ability to cooperate with and interpret park, recreation, and historic preservation philosophies to county authorities, public and private groups, agencies and the general public.
7. Ability to administer, plan, develop, and direct programs for all groups, ages and interest levels within the County.
8. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and to promote and maintain high morale and enthusiasm.
Position requires the occasional lifting/carrying of boxes and other supplies. Position also requires the ability to bend, stoop, climb and reach.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, which may involve inclement weather. Position also requires the pick up/transport of supplies and materials; incumbent must have access to transportation.
This position description serves as a guideline for communicating the essential functions and other information about the position to the applicant/employee. It is not intended to create a binding employment contract nor cover every detail of the position and may be changed where appropriate.
Deadline: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Stroud Region Open Space and Recreation Commission has multiple employment opportunities available
(Posted January 26, 2018)
SROSRC seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to plan and lead programs and special events within our parks and facilities. The Coordinator publishes promotional materials, maintains the website and social media. They will recruit and lead volunteers to assist with special events, trail, and park cleanups.
SROSRC is also looking for a part-time Office Assistant to provide general office support, program, and special event assistance in our office, parks, and facilities.
We are now accepting applications for summer season staff including: Pool Managers, Assistant Pool Managers, Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors, Admissions, Concessions Manager, Concessions staff, Park Patrol Supervisor, Park Patrol, Park Caretaker, Camp Director, Site Directors, Assistant Site Directors, Counselors, and Assistant Counselors. Visit our employment page at www.srosrc.org/employment.php for more information and to download an application.
Lifeguards/Group/Private Swim Lesson Instructors
(Posted January 26, 2018)
The Jewish Community Center of Squirrel Hill is seeking part-time lifeguards/group/private swim lesson Instructors. All applicants are required a minimum of 1-3 years swim instructor experience. Applicants must have up-to-date American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, & CPR/AED certifications. Water Safety Instructor Certification (WSI) is preferred. A free health membership is offered upon hire.
All candidates must possess or obtain Act 33/34, FBI clearances, and mandated reporter training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources Department
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
West Chester Parks & Recreation Department
(Posted February 20, 2018) The West Chester Parks and Recreation Department is seeking candidates for a Park and Recreation Intern. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in programming, event planning and executing, and summer camp development. To read the full job description and how to apply please visit www.west-chester.com or http://www.west-chester.com/DocumentCenter/View/5470
Camp Hill Recreation Department
(Posted March 9, 2018) Camp Hill Recreation Department is seeking candidates for a Park and Recreation Intern. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in programming, event planning and executing, and summer camp development. To read the full job description and how to apply please visit www.camphillborough.com.