NJRPA Executive Director (Posted June 18, 2018)
Princeton, New Jersey
The New Jersey Recreation and Park Association (NJRPA) is seeking a professional and energetic leader with a strong commitment to excellent customer service and a highly collaborative/team-oriented management style to serve as its next Executive Director.
The non-profit association serves as the voice for parks and recreation in New Jersey on local, state and national levels. Members work to provide opportunities for all the state’s citizens to enjoy quality recreation and leisure activities, and are dedicated to promoting public support for parks and recreation and public awareness of the contribution of recreation to a balanced life.
There are more than 500 professional, commercial, student, and retired members in NJRPA, affiliated with geographical districts and special interest sections. The staff consists of two additional full time members who help oversee membership services and ticket sales. The association office is in Princeton New Jersey.
NJRPA is governed by a Board of Trustees (BOT). The seven-member Executive BOT is elected by the general membership. In addition, one representative from each geographic district of the state and one from each special interest group of the association round out the BOT. The BOT meets monthly; Standing Committees, Districts, and Sections meet on an as needed basis.
The association offers an excellent benefits package and minimum starting salary of $75,000 based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates please mail cover letter, resume, and contact information for five professional references by June 30, 2018 to: NJRPA Past President Dawn Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org at 732-904-6500.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s Degree (preferred) in Recreation, Parks, Public Administration, Non-profit Association Management or related field; minimum five years’ full time experience in the same; Certified Park and Recreation Professional/Executive (CPRP/CPRE) or Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred. Shall display the skills for decision making and implementation of policy as well as knowledge of management principles and techniques. Successful grant procurement and administration and strong budget and finance skills preferred. Successful, broad, and varied experience in an administrative capacity in the recreation, park, or resource management field preferred. Shall demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with members, officials, legislators, businesses, staff, and the public through speech and written skills. Proven proficiency in office management, marketing, and computer and web-based technology is required. Shall possess the ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Shall pass background checks and have a valid driver’s license.
Executive Director InTandem Cycling (Posted June 7, 2018)
New York, NY
InTandem Cycling is an NYC-based 501(c)3 organization that provides free tandem cycling programs to people who are blind, have low vision or who cannot ride a bicycle independently due to other disabilities. Now entering its fifth year, InTandem seeks a dynamic Executive Director to grow its mission delivery, expand its fundraising efforts, enhance its visibility and significantly increase its impact.
InTandem’s Executive Director will be an intelligent self-starter who has a deep commitment to the mission of the organization. He or she will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for InTandem and report to the Board Chair. Working closely with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have responsibility for daily operations, financial management, development, communications, programs and the implementation of InTandem’s long-term strategy. Participation in InTandem’s activities and community events on evenings and weekends is a key component of the Executive Director’s role.
The Executive Director will develop a deep knowledge of InTandem’s strategic vision, operations and programs. The successful candidate will have the experience to drive development efforts, facilitate organizational growth and manage strategic and tactical activities simultaneously.
• Champion InTandem’s mission and implement its long-term strategy through its multi- year plan
• Develop and execute the annual budget
• Develop and implement the annual programs and events calendar
• Execute successful operations consistent with the approved annual budget
• Manage revenue and expenses with fiscal integrity
• Lead and positively influence InTandem’s daily operations, including development, program implementation, growth and communications
• Represent InTandem and actively cultivate meaningful relationships with external partners and broader community
• Identify and create opportunities that support strategic, operational, development and programmatic priorities
• Ensure effective systems are in place for program progress and evaluation, volunteer and stakeholder management, communications and donor engagement
• Ensure compliance of all activities with applicable laws and regulations, reporting and audit requirements
• Attract, motivate and manage staff and volunteers
• Foster and promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience, ideally with increasing responsibility over time, with not-for-profit organizations with $1 million annual budget
• Demonstrated excellence in financial and organizational management
• Demonstrated success in fundraising from diverse and sustainable revenue sources, as well as experience with special events and grant writing
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and volunteer leadership, and collaborating with Boards of Directors
• Strong interpersonal, communications (written, verbal and listening), organization, relationship building and problem solving skills
• Natural ability and desire to cultivate strategic relationships for the benefit of the organization
• Ability to strategically discern the need for plan follow through and real-time course adjustments to maximize organizational outcomes
• Ability to improve systems and processes to most efficiently utilize InTandem resources
• Ability to accurately assess importance, urgency and risk to make timely and clear decisions that are in the best interests of the organization
• Experience working with people who are blind, have low vision or have other disabilities
• Experience working with or managing adaptive sports programs
• Avid cyclist or frequent bicyclist, a plus
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public administration, sports and recreation management, business administration or related field
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to EDSearch@intandembike.org by July 8, 2018.
InTandem Cycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. InTandem is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position or participate in the application process.
Executive Director-Parks & Recreation (posted June 7, 2018)
BUHL FARM PARK, located in Hermitage, PA is seeking a visionary leader to be its next Executive Director. The Director is expected to provide innovative leadership in the development of a variety of parks and recreational activities. Other duties include managing Park personnel; developing and monitoring the Park budget; and overseeing general Park operations, major projects and purchases. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the Park’s fundraising which includes the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. A bachelor’s degree and prior experience in professional fundraising is desirable, however any combination of experience and training that provides the candidate with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job, including a sufficient amount of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree, may be considered. The review of applications will begin on June 20th. Resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter which includes current or most recent salary. For consideration reply to email@example.com. EOE
Director of Recreational Therapy
Rydal Park, a premier Life Plan Community located in Jenkintown, is hiring a full-time Director of Recreational Therapy to join our team!
Responsible for managing the Therapeutic Recreation and Resident Activity Departments for assigned levels of care; planning, organizing, and implementing specific procedures and programs designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident; participating with Administration as part of the management team; determining work procedures and expediting flow; insuring department compliance with all operating policies and procedures; directing and supervising activity team members; providing periodic reports as required. Provides exceptional customer service in support of Presby’s Service from the Heart.
1. Manages the Therapeutic Recreation Department in providing a program of activities that meets the interest and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
2. Directly supervises activity staff:
a. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and orienting of personnel within the department.
b. Reviews employee performance on a regular scheduled basis in addition to coaching and counseling direct reports
c. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among department staff.
d. Keeps staff informed of policies and procedures.
e. Participates with Volunteer Program
3. Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by attending care plan meetings and providing information to the care plan team.
4. Provides all required documentation and reports pertaining to residents in accordance with state and federal regulations. Keeps residents, staff, and others informed of activities and related information through calendars, newsletters, or other forms of communication.
5. Communicates with other departments and staff personnel in order to integrate activities.
6. Promotes a homelike environment for residents and maintains neat and clean work areas including supply and storage areas.
7. Keeps current in field of recreational activities for the aged through seminars, literature, and other pursuits that increase knowledge.
8. Prepares and manages budget and supply needs for department.
1. Assists with various administrative tasks to support department operations; may be assigned special projects.
2. Attends all mandatory in-service training programs and required meetings. Provides in-services as assigned.
3. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
Education/Training: A B.S. degree in recreational therapy or related field and/or activities certification; certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or activities professional; or two years’ experience in a social or recreation program including one year of activities in a health care setting. Valid PA Drivers License
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; moderate PC skills; knowledge of Pennsylvania Department of Health and Department of Public Welfare regulations relating to activity programming; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, pull, and lift items weighing 50 pounds or less.
Experience: One year’s previous experience in a health care setting or with a geriatric population preferred. Page 4 of 4 Director of Recreational Therapy
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and family-like work environment focused on customer service. If this sounds like the type of opportunity and the organization for you, ask yourself – are you ready to be inspired?
Presby’s Inspired Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply here