Well-maintained park systems are central to the health and vibrancy of our communities, making them more sustainable, equitable, resilient, and livable. Yet park owners and stewards seldom have the proper resources—people, funds and expertise—to do the job.
The Pennsylvania Park Maintenance Institute is building a community of park maintenance professionals. We collect the latest tools, techniques and strategies across industries to provide efficient park maintenance and operations, advancing the capacity of public parks and recreation organizations.
- Build the capacity of park owners and stewards to meet their maintenance needs with training and resources for the latest tools, techniques and strategies.
- Improve the economic and social health of communities by supporting and promoting safe, clean, and ready-to-use public parks that address the health and wellness of individuals.
- Improve natural and built environments and their interconnections with people through expanded and more effective park maintenance, increasing environmental health and sustainability.
- Protect the major capital investments in public parks that are at risk of falling into deterioration without sufficient resources for maintenance.
- Provide technical information to the right people at the right time to build methods and support necessary to maintain public parks and recreation facilities.
- Serve as the only “go-to organization” to which municipalities and community organizations can turn to develop systems, tools and strategies necessary for proper park maintenance.
- Advocate and facilitate support for the lifelong care of parks and why park maintenance is an essential public service worthy of investment.
- Enlist public and private partners as collaborators in the long-term success, use and value of the Pennsylvania Park Maintenance Institute to improve the quality of life in our communities.