Director of Recreational Therapy
Rydal Park, a premier Life Plan Community located in Jenkintown, is hiring a full-time Director of Recreational Therapy to join our team!
Responsible for managing the Therapeutic Recreation and Resident Activity Departments for assigned levels of care; planning, organizing, and implementing specific procedures and programs designed to meet the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident; participating with Administration as part of the management team; determining work procedures and expediting flow; insuring department compliance with all operating policies and procedures; directing and supervising activity team members; providing periodic reports as required. Provides exceptional customer service in support of Presby’s Service from the Heart.
1. Manages the Therapeutic Recreation Department in providing a program of activities that meets the interest and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
2. Directly supervises activity staff:
a. Participates in interviewing, hiring, and orienting of personnel within the department.
b. Reviews employee performance on a regular scheduled basis in addition to coaching and counseling direct reports
c. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among department staff.
d. Keeps staff informed of policies and procedures.
e. Participates with Volunteer Program
3. Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by attending care plan meetings and providing information to the care plan team.
4. Provides all required documentation and reports pertaining to residents in accordance with state and federal regulations. Keeps residents, staff, and others informed of activities and related information through calendars, newsletters, or other forms of communication.
5. Communicates with other departments and staff personnel in order to integrate activities.
6. Promotes a homelike environment for residents and maintains neat and clean work areas including supply and storage areas.
7. Keeps current in field of recreational activities for the aged through seminars, literature, and other pursuits that increase knowledge.
8. Prepares and manages budget and supply needs for department.
1. Assists with various administrative tasks to support department operations; may be assigned special projects.
2. Attends all mandatory in-service training programs and required meetings. Provides in-services as assigned.
3. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
Education/Training: A B.S. degree in recreational therapy or related field and/or activities certification; certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or activities professional; or two years’ experience in a social or recreation program including one year of activities in a health care setting. Valid PA Drivers License
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; moderate PC skills; knowledge of Pennsylvania Department of Health and Department of Public Welfare regulations relating to activity programming; auditory and visual skills; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push, pull, and lift items weighing 50 pounds or less.
Experience: One year’s previous experience in a health care setting or with a geriatric population preferred. Page 4 of 4 Director of Recreational Therapy
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and family-like work environment focused on customer service. If this sounds like the type of opportunity and the organization for you, ask yourself – are you ready to be inspired?
Presby’s Inspired Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply here
Stroud Region Open Space and Recreation Commission has multiple employment opportunities available
(Posted January 26, 2018)
SROSRC seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to plan and lead programs and special events within our parks and facilities. The Coordinator publishes promotional materials, maintains the website and social media. They will recruit and lead volunteers to assist with special events, trail, and park cleanups.
SROSRC is also looking for a part-time Office Assistant to provide general office support, program, and special event assistance in our office, parks, and facilities.
We are now accepting applications for summer season staff including: Pool Managers, Assistant Pool Managers, Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors, Admissions, Concessions Manager, Concessions staff, Park Patrol Supervisor, Park Patrol, Park Caretaker, Camp Director, Site Directors, Assistant Site Directors, Counselors, and Assistant Counselors. Visit our employment page at www.srosrc.org/employment.php for more information and to download an application.
Lifeguards/Group/Private Swim Lesson Instructors
(Posted January 26, 2018)
The Jewish Community Center of Squirrel Hill is seeking part-time lifeguards/group/private swim lesson Instructors. All applicants are required a minimum of 1-3 years swim instructor experience. Applicants must have up-to-date American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, & CPR/AED certifications. Water Safety Instructor Certification (WSI) is preferred. A free health membership is offered upon hire.
All candidates must possess or obtain Act 33/34, FBI clearances, and mandated reporter training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources Department
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Centre Region Parks & Recreation (CRPR)
Summer Internship - this internship is very similar to the programming/events internship; CRPR also has the ability to combine interests between Sports and Programming.
Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
Summer Intern - PRPS Office
Pennsylvania Recreation & Park Society (PRPS)
State College, PA
The PRPS Internship Program assists students in making an effective transition from the classroom to the professional world. It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore the professional association management field and develop their career interests. The intern serves one academic semester fulfilling the following responsibilities within the PRPS Office.
Responsibilities and Relations
• Complete sufficient education, practical work experience and observation experience to fulfill his or her university’s requirements for internship eligibility
• Work a 40 hour-week with some nights and weekends as needed
• Know and adhere to PRPS’s policies and procedures. Learn the organizational structure of PRPS
• Complete written mid- and post-internship evaluations
• Assist office staff with day to day operations
• Job shadow each full time office position for at least one day
• Complete and report on at least two site visits to different recreation departments and one local or state park facility. Interview at least one staff member at each location on best practices in the field
• Develop one major and one minor project to be completed before the end of the internship
• Academic major in business administration, recreation, parks, tourism or related studies
Knowledge and Abilities
• Dedication to advancing recreation and parks
• Excellent customer service skills
• Possess a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, equity, excellence and innovation
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups
• Ability to work as part of a team for the betterment of the organization and membership
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making sound decisions
• Handle suggestions and complaints in a professional manner
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to participate when required at PRPS events
• Excellent written and communication skills
To apply, contact Niki Tourscher, CPRP, CPSI; Director of Training & Get Outdoors PA
DCNR is Looking for Summer Interns
DCNR is looking for summer interns at various locations across Pennsylvania.
If you are a full-time college student with any of the following, or related, majors (listed to the right), you can apply to be part of the DCNR team through our summer internship program.
To learn more and apply, visit DCNR's internship web page.
West Chester Parks & Recreation Department
(Posted February 20, 2018) The West Chester Parks and Recreation Department is seeking candidates for a Park and Recreation Intern. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in programming, event planning and executing, and summer camp development. To read the full job description and how to apply please visit www.west-chester.com or http://www.west-chester.com/DocumentCenter/View/5470
Camp Hill Recreation Department
(Posted March 9, 2018) Camp Hill Recreation Department is seeking candidates for a Park and Recreation Intern. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience in programming, event planning and executing, and summer camp development. To read the full job description and how to apply please visit www.camphillborough.com