Click here to register!
NCTRC Job Analysis Code: FKW, ASP, IMP
Fees: $175/PRPS Member $200/Non-Member
.7 CEUs included
Statistics prove that nearly 50% of the residents in long-term care have been diagnosed with Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease. This number will continue to grow! Upon completion of the seminar, students will have the opportunity to apply to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) at a discounted rate of $35! Details will be provided during the seminar.
• Introduction to Dementia: Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
• Communication and Feelings
• Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
• Delusions, Hallucinations, Hoarding and Wandering
• Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions, Intimacy and Sexuality
• Personal Care: Pain, Nutrition, Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Falls and Sleep Disturbances
• Activities and Recreation
• Staff and Family Support, Abuse and Neglect Prevention
• Diversity and Cultural Competence
• Spiritual Care and End of Life Issues
• Have an understanding of dementia
• Identify common causes of repetitive and sundowning behaviors in adults
• Describe interventions that may be used to prevent or reduce difficult care situations.
• Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
• Learn alternative interventions that are success oriented and failure free
• Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
• Learn how to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner by attending this seminar!
Carrie Chiusano has thirty plus years of long-term care experience with Presbyterian SeniorCare Network. Most of those years were spent helping to shape and implement the internationally renowned Woodside Place philosophy of specialty care for persons living with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. Carrie has championed the Person Centered Care initiative as well as the Dementia Care Specialty initiative for Presbyterian SeniorCare Network to become CARF accredited. Carrie served nine years on the Board of Directors for the Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Society. This knowledge and experience led her to become a mentor, motivator and dynamic catalyst to lead Presbyterian SeniorCare Network’s Dementia Care Center of Excellence.
No refunds will be given for cancellations occurring less than 10 business days prior to an event. PRPS will refund your registration, less a $25 processing fee, if your cancellation is received in more than 10 days prior to the event. Please call the PRPS Office at 814-234-4272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.